Autism Awareness Month 2015
April is Autism Awareness month. It is almost here! World Autism Awareness Day is April 2. On this day we encourage you to “Light It Up Blue” by wearing blue or lighting up your school, home or work place in blue. Home Depot has blue light bulbs for World Autism Awareness Day and they are donating $1 to Autism Speaks for each purchase. NeuroRhythm encourages you to support autism awareness by learning more about it, informing others, advocating, volunteering, donating, sponsoring, etc.
Autism Events in Colorado, March-July 2015
- March 27: Autism Speaks Fundraiser Night with the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO at 7pm
- April 2: Light It Up Blue 2015 register at https://www.autismspeaks.org/liub
- April 7: Autism Speaks Fundraiser Night with the Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO at 7pm
- April 25: Alpine Autism Center's 8th Annual 5k Walk/Run at America the Beautiful Park in Colorado Springs, CO 10am to 11am
- April 25: Autism Awareness night with the Colorado Rockies
- May 2: Walk Now for Autism Speaks at Coors Field in Denver, CO
- May 17: Autism Resource Fair at the Autism Community Store in Denver, CO
- July 8-11: Connect, Learn, Advocate, and Thrive: 46th Annual Autism Society National Conference in Denver, CO (http://www.autism-society.org/get-involved/conference/)
According to the Centers for Disease Control, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability that can cause communication and behavioral challenges. Learning, thinking, and problem-solving abilities of people with ASD ranges from gifted to severely impaired. ASD now includes conditions that used to be diagnosed separately such as: autistic disorder, pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) and Asperger Syndrome. Today 1 in 68 children are diagnosed as having ASD. The causes of Autism are still being researched and there are no known cures, although several treatments have been shown to be effective. Effective therapies and/or treatments for a person with autism include Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA), Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Sensory Integration, Nutrition, and Music Therapy.
NeuroRhythm is an Expert in Music Therapy and Autism
NeuroRhythm is a research-based behavioral music therapy practice, and we are the only company that integrates the scientific fields of Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) with Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA). This means that you receive our unique expertise and research-based methods in a fun, motivating and engaging way that has been proven effective for autism. Find out more by visiting NeuroRhythm's autism webpage. Don't forget to like us on Facebook!